So you are thinking about selling your home and not sure where to start? With these top 10 tips, you will soon have buyers queuing at your door and snapping the property out of your hands:-
1. First Impressions – Most buyers know whether they are going to like a property before they put a foot through the door, so first impressions count! Ensure that the exterior of the property is neat and tidy by, cleaning driveways, clearing boards and cutting grass.
2. Clutter – No buyer wants to see a house full of belongings, although personal to you, put them away for your new dream home and allow the buyer to imagine their belongings in its place instead.
3. DIY – It is advised to not complete any major renovations to a property, but freshening up paint work and fixing small outstanding maintenance issues will help with the properties curb appeal.
4. Define Each Room – No buyer wants to see a dining room as a bedroom and vice versa, so ensure that you stage a room for it intended purpose. Buyers need to be able to imagen themselves and their family living in the property.
5. Pets – We all love our fury friends but not everyone is as keen to have a dogs sniffing around their feet. Whilst buyers come to visit the property consider asking friends or family to have your pet to avoid anyone being put off.
6. Cleaning – No buyer wants to view an un-kept house, it can give the impression that there are other issues wrong with the property when this isn’t the case. You never know when you will get that phone call from the Estate Agent advising that they will be attending with a buyer so keep on top of the cleaning. Making beds and putting the washing up away will certainly help.
7. Smells – An unpleasant odour will put potential buyers off, people have sensitive noses. The smell of unclean cat litter trays, rubbish that has not been thrown away or even strong cooking smells will certainly make people walk out of the door with the wrong impression. Before a buyer comes to view, consider opening windows to let fresh air flow through the house or even baking, the sweet smell of cakes and breads is very inviting and it will leave buyers impressed.
8. Flexibility – There is nothing worse for a buyer when they have booked time to visit a property and find that they are unable to get in, make yourself available as much as possible. We all live busy lives but buyers want to be able to visit a property at a convenient time for them. Consider allowing your Estate Agent to have a set of keys so they can complete viewings when you are not available?
9. Have you got the right price? – If your house is overpriced, you will be very lucky to receive any viewings. Do your homework, have a look at other similar properties in the area and see what they sold for? Many agents will over value your property just to get it onto their books and then will ask you to either drop the price in due course or leave you sitting on the market. Remember a property will always sell at the right price.
10. Choose the Right agent – It goes without saying that choosing the right Estate Agent to sell your home is key to achieving the maximum amount of money. Look for an agent that works for its vendors, an agent that has up-to-date marketing techniques and who knows the properties area and history.
At Elite Property we have over 17 years’ worth of experiences in selling properties within the Coventry and Warwickshire area. If you are looking to sell your home for the maximum amount with minimal stress then call us for your free no obligation valuation on telephone 024 7665 2200 and get your property SOLD by the experts.